Chore Charts for Kids
A selection of free printable chore charts for kids. If you are looking for a chore chart with a specific character then check out these chore charts. They can be customized so you can use them as chore charts.
These chore charts have space for four chores (add your chore list to the top line) and a weekly chart to mark each chore as it is completed.
Why Use Kids’ Chore Charts?
Getting kids to do chores around the house not only helps you but also helps them acquire valuable skills that they will need later on in life. The later you start with chores the more difficult it will be for your child. On the other hand, younger kids cannot handle responsibility so you have to start very slowly. Make sure that you designate chores according to the child’s age and capability. From age 2 kids can start tidying their toys and putting away their books. Start working together with your child until they are adept at during their chores on their own. Certain chores can be considered “paid chores”. This will help your kids learn to save, budget and give them a sense of independence. Make chores fun with our free chore charts for kids.
How to make Chore Charts for Kids
- Make a list of chores that your kids can help with (see suggested chore list for kids).
- Decide how often each chore should be done.
- Choose any one of the printable chore charts together with your child.
- Fill in the chore list decided upon in step 1.
- If any of the chores on the chore list are considered “paid chores” then make note of this on the chart.
- Hold a family meeting during which you hand each child his or her chore chart with the list of chores.
- Each time a chore is completed mark it on your kid’s chore chart. This can be done with a marker, sticker or star.
If there is a chore chart that you were looking for but did not find anywhere on this site then please leave a comment below and we will try to create it for you (free of charge).