Chores are a helpful way to give 11 years olds more responsibility and encourage independence. They also teach children how to acquire basic skills and take care of their possessions and themselves.
Children as young as 11 years old can do many different chores at home. At this age, children should be able to do all of the chores in the chore list below, but not all children are able to do so. If your child is not ready for any of the chores then be patient and flexible. Find a chore your child can manage at this stage. You don’t want to frustrate them.
In addition to helping your child become more responsible and independent, getting kids to help with chores will also help keep your family’s home clean and organized – something that isn’t easy for families with younger children. There is so much to do at home and getting kids to help out with tidying up the house can often free up more of your time and make running a home more manageable. 11 years olds are old enough to be very helpful. They can do basic chores that will actually take a load off your shoulders. It is also important to make chores become habit before they become teenagers when the load gets even heavier. It is much easier to get an 11 year into the habit of doing chores than a teenager. If you don’t start now it will be more difficult to introduce chores at a later stage.
Chore List for 11 Year Olds
Here are some age appropriate chores for an 11 year old:
- Wipe the sink after brushing their teeth
- Set the table
- Clear up plates after a meal
- Dust shelves, bookcases, and picture frames with more precision
- Pull garden weeds unassisted
- Peel potatoes with a child-safe tool
- Unpack groceries from shopping bags
- Routinely make their beds
- Feed pets
- Independently water flower beds with a pitcher marked with water limit
- Organize shoes and books according to color coding or sizes
- Rake a big pile of leaves
- Plant flowers with a small shovel under supervision
- Sort recycling
- Help with meal prepping including simple cutting or finding ingredients
- Prepare breakfast
- Start tying their shoelaces
- Clean up after a bath; hanging wet towels or drying the bathtub
- Clear space at a table after any activity
- Independently dry non-breakable dishes
- Bring in the mail
- Sweep porches
- Make own snacks with more varieties
- Scoop pet waste in the yard
- Clean fingerprints or smudges on the wall
- Neatly make their beds
- Clean their own bedroom
- Help prepare and pack their lunch
- Fold clean clothes and store clothes in closets or drawers
- Strip bed linens
- Change light bulb on a desk lamp with supervision
- Bake cookies with supervision
- Independently floss their teeth
- Shine mirrors in the bathroom
- Appropriately clean up after pets
- Set alarm clock and be responsible for waking up on time
- Help dress a younger child
- Entertain a younger sibling
- Brush and walk a dog
- Clean cat litter box
- Prepare simple food such as scrambled or boiled eggs
- Deep clean the toilet
- Bring garbage cans to the driveway or curb
- Assist with repair works
- Clean the stovetop
- Mow lawns with supervision
- Fully accountable for self-hygiene
- Complete manageable homework unaided
- Maintain tidiness of own room
- Straighten family and playroom
- Set and clear dinner table without assistance
- Do simple sewing tasks
- Change their bedding
- Filling and emptying the dishwasher
Chore Chart Maker
You can make many free custom chore charts with our free app.
Chore Chart for 11 Year Old
Add your child’s name, photo, and chore list then print this personalized punch chart. These charts are suitable for kids, from toddlers to teens.
If you want to create your own editable chore chart, you will find a selection of free chore chart templates that you can edit and personalize. These charts are perfect for teens and younger children.
Free chore charts with cute animals, you can make free printable personalized chore charts with your photos, titles, and your very own custom chore list. There are many designs available, and therefore, they are suitable for toddlers to teens.
Add your photo and chore list to this personalized chart.