Free student of the month certificate that can be edited online and awarded to students.
How to Create the Student of the Month Certificate?
- Select a template from the selection above and click on the “customize” button to personalize it.
- Type the student’s details and upload a photo of the student if you choose a version with a photo.
- Download and/or print.
How to add a photo of the student
To add a photo to a template that has a photo in the sample:
You will need to select a template with a photo from the selection above.
- Upload the photo.
- Move the photo around until it is positioned in the correct location. You might need to make it smaller or bigger by dragging it to the right or left.
To add a photo to a template that does not have a photo in the sample:
You can still add a photo but it will not be framed.
- Click on the photo icon to add a photo.
- Move the photo around until you are satisfied with the location.
- Make it bigger or smaller.
How to start a student of the month program
Starting a student of the month program is a great way to recognize and celebrate students’ achievements and efforts. Here are some steps to get started:
- Set goals and criteria: Decide what you want to achieve with the student of the month program and what criteria you will use to select the winner. For example, you may want to recognize academic achievement, good behavior, leadership skills, or community service.
- Get support from the administration: Talk to the school administration about your idea and get their support. They may be able to provide resources or funding for the program.
- Create a nomination process: Develop a process for nominating students for the award. This could involve teachers, staff, and even students themselves. Consider creating a nomination form that includes criteria for the award.
- Choose a selection committee: Select a committee of teachers, staff, and administrators to review the nominations and choose the winner. Make sure the committee members are committed to the program and have a good understanding of the selection criteria.
- Decide on rewards: Determine what the student of the month will receive as a reward. This could include a certificate, a trophy, a gift card, or a special activity.
- Promote the program: Spread the word about the student of the month program to students, parents, and staff. Make sure everyone knows about the program and understands how to participate.
- Hold a recognition ceremony: Hold a ceremony each month to recognize the winner and celebrate their achievements. Consider inviting parents, staff, and community members to attend.
Remember, the student of the month program should be a positive and inclusive program that celebrates all students’ achievements, not just those who receive the award. Encourage and recognize all students’ efforts and progress throughout the year.
Student of the month criteria
If you are not sure how to select the student of the month here are some ideas:
- Students who receive a specific GPA
- Students who exemplify outstanding character traits such as honesty, compassion, integrity, responsibility, trustworthiness, etc.
- Perfect attendance for a specific period
- Good citizenship
- Academic excellence
- Positive academic improvement over a specific period
- Leadership – being a role model for other students
- Good behavior – for students who model exemplary behavior
- Friendship – including others and helping those in need
- Giving to the community
You might want to ensure that a different student is selected each month. Some teachers do not believe in this system and prefer to award it to the most worthy student even if he or she is given the award more than once.
Student Recognition Ideas
Student of the month is one way to recognize students for achievement, attendance, or effort. On this site, you can download a free printable student of the month certificate that can be customized online. You can also create a free poster that can be hung on your bulletin board.