Free Printable Behavior Charts
Behavior Chart TemplateThis generic behavior chart can be used for many different purposes.
What are behavior charts?Behavior charts track a child’s behavior and reward positive desirable behavior. The reward can either be the star which is pasted on the behavior chart or a treat which the child receives when enough stars are earned. Decide on the required number of stars ahead of time and let the child know. The number depends on the child’s age. Charts with only 10 steps usually work best with kids age 3 to 5 while older kids usually need around 20 steps. We offer a variety of free behavior charts which you can download and print.
Why do behavior charts work?Positive reinforcement is the best way to encourage and maintain good behavior. Children love to be praised and encouraged. Sticker Charts ensure that we praise desirable behavior which we otherwise might not have recognized.
How do you use these charts?
- Show your child our selection of printable charts and let him or her choose one.
- Download and print the chart of your child’s choice.
- Define “good behavior” and discuss it with your child. Make sure that they understand how you would like them to behave and what kind of behavior will be rewarded with a star or sticker. For example, if your child comes into your bed during the night then explain to her that each night she stays in her bed throughout the night she will get a star.
- When the chart is complete, acknowledge his achievement with a reward.
- Make the process fun and enjoyable!
How do you customize the editable behavior charts?If you have selected an editable behavior chart then you can edit the text and add your own image.
- Click on the editable behavior chart to open the chart maker.
- Edit the text and add your own text if you want.
- Add a photo.
- Download to your PC and print.