Think about your biggest obstacles and difficulties and the steps that you can take to overcome them. Don’t take on more than you can handle but try to think of two or three issues that you can work on.
Here are some sample New Year’s Parenting resolutions:
- I will have more patience with my children.
- I will try not to yell.
- I will be a good role model for my children.
- I will try to understand my child in order to understand why he behaves as he does before reacting. This goal can be achieved by spending quality time with your child, being patient and observant.
- I will encourage my child to exercise regularly. Enroll your child in a sports class or try to find an activity that you can do together such as cycling.
- I will teach my child to eat healthy. This means that you will need to be a role model and prepare healthy nutritious food instead of the ready made or junk food that is often easier or quicker to prepare.
- I will reward my child for good behavior. It is often easy to forget to praise good behavior. If you take good behavior for granted and only recognize bad behavior you might find your children misbehaving in order to get more attention.
If you want to work with your kids on their New Year Resolutions then check out our article on New Year’s Resolutions for Kids